News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Defiant Problems - on both!!

Started by TriggerAngry, February 15, 2012, 05:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriggerAngry

First of all, on the strp_defiant, there are no doorbell textures. And on rpo_defiant, there are no doorbell textures and no door textures!! Please answer, I'm planning on trying out Star Trek: Salem on Sunday...

AND I DO HAVE ALL THE MAPS BY THE WAY!!

And does anyone else have this problem? Missing doorbells and doors?

Martin Thompson

#1
Check out the maps readme's. I believe the door textures from rpo-defiant originate from station Modas.

Have a look in our maps database (its not there for nothing) it lists all the map dependancies, heres the link
for rpo_defiant to get you started:
http://last-outpost.net/old/index.php?a ... ew;down=22


TriggerAngry

#2
Quote from: "Martin Thompson"Check out the maps readme's. I believe the door textures from rpo-defiant originate from station Modas.

Have a look in our maps database (its not there for nothing) it lists all the map dependancies, heres the link
for rpo_defiant to get you started:
http://last-outpost.net/old/index.php?a ... ew;down=22

Don't be mislead, I have definitely got all of the maps.

Veritas

#3
Have you installed the maps correctly?

That is, extracted the archives and placed all .pk3 files to your baseEF or RPG-X2 directory?

TriggerAngry

#4
Quote from: "Veritas"Have you installed the maps correctly?

That is, extracted the archives and placed all .pk3 files to your baseEF or RPG-X2 directory?

Indeed I have, obviously they're not in now to save space but they're still on the computer, and I did install them correctly before. I even experimented with different folders...

Veritas

#5
...they need to be in the correct directories whenever you start the game... Why would you move them to "save space?"

Klaw

#6
Sometimes, the Dependencies have dependencies... make sure you have all of those too.

Besides, Iwo Jima's better anyway :P *cough* jk - Not tooting my own Horn or anything :P

TriggerAngry

#7
Quote from: "Veritas"...they need to be in the correct directories whenever you start the game... Why would you move them to "save space?"

No, no, I mean they were in the correct directory, I've just taken them out for the moment because of the missing textures.

TriggerAngry

#8
Quote from: "Klaw"Sometimes, the Dependencies have dependencies... make sure you have all of those too.

Besides, Iwo Jima's better anyway :P *cough* jk - Not tooting my own Horn or anything :P

Got all of them, the only dependencie with a dependencies is Station Modas, and thats starfighter command, which I have...

Martin Thompson

#9
Then it should work. Just put all maps (.pk3 files) in your BaseEF folder and your ready to go!


TriggerAngry

#10
Quote from: "Martin Thompson"Then it should work. Just put all maps (.pk3 files) in your BaseEF folder and your ready to go!

I know, but it's exactly the same, no doorbells or doors! Does it work for you? And could you tell me all of the maps you've downloaded? That could help.

Klaw

#11
Make sure you have Poseidon A installed.... it's normally a pre-requisite for most everything...

criminula

#12
I'm having a similar problem with the defiant, and I'm missing a table texture on Iwo Jima. I have almost all the maps from the station and federation ships sections of the download area.



TriggerAngry

#13
Quote from: "Klaw"Make sure you have Poseidon A installed.... it's normally a pre-requisite for most everything...

I do.

Veritas

#14
Trigger, I think it's clear that (a) something is seriously wrong with your install or (b) something isn't actually as you describe it to be - not that either is necessarily your fault. Why don't you contact me on MSN, GChat or Steam and we can find a time to screen-share, and I'll see if I can't troubleshoot this myself?