News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

RPG-X Not Loading at All [RESOLVED]

Started by Richard Evans, July 08, 2012, 12:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Evans

Hey Guys,

I'm running RPG-X on windows 8, and it did work, but now it doesn't. I keep getting, "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

Anyway to fix this?

Trevor of Borg

#1
I figure we dont know as not a lot of us run windows 8 yet :D. But it sounds like something with compatbility with the open GL system.

Jenson

#2
Quote from: "Richard Evans"Hey Guys,

I'm running RPG-X on windows 8, and it did work, but now it doesn't. I keep getting, "GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem"

Anyway to fix this?

I ran a quick google search and noticed that changing your resolution often solves this error. Might be worth playing around with your resolution settings and see if that's the solution (no pun intended) to your problem.


Martin Thompson

#3
Your probably dont have updated drivers yet. Drivers for your vid card are probably still windows 7 drivers which might not 100% work on windows 8 yet. Best solution is to wait i think, never got this error on windows 7 and ive been workign with it for a few years now :P


GSIO01

#4
Yeah either unsupported screen resolution like Jenson said. Or the GPU drivers are missing OpenGL support or it doesn't work correct as Martin said.

Richard Evans

#5
I have updated my drivers, and changed my screen resolution to the lowest I can, and I still get the same error. Anymore ideas? Is there a way I can config RPG-X to run at a certain screen resolution?

Also, I tried using RPG-XCE, and I got it to work, but the FPS are like at 1 FPS. :/

Veritas

#6
What graphics card do you have? You may need one of the many ATI GPU fixes that come with RPGXCE 1.2 (members only link).

I suggest downloading that and playing around with the advanced settings in the launcher (particularly the ati ogl fix and exe name) until something works.

Richard Evans

#7
Thanks Veritas, I got it working by using one of the change the exe file fixes. Work beautifully now! Thanks A lot

Veritas

#8
No problem! If you don't mind, what GPU do you have and which filename worked?

Richard Evans

#9
I'm using AMD Graphics Card on a Acer Laptop. and the Wolf filename worked.

Veritas

#10
Thanks - do you know what model of graphics card (e.g. Radeon 6950, Radeon HD X1300, etc)?

Richard Evans

#11
It's

AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-64 2.10 GHz

Hope it helps

Veritas

#12
That's your processor - I need your graphics card.

Richard Evans

#13
ATI Rradeon HD 3200 Graphics (Engineering)

Sorry about that.

Veritas

#14
Thanks :)