News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Asteroid Base - Season 2 & 3 News

Started by Grizz, September 13, 2012, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Greetings,

I would just like to throw out a few points regarding Asteroid Base's present and future. Firstly, the episode "A Romulan Walks into a Bar..." WILL be taking place this Sunday (16th) as opposed to the previous advertised 'Space Oddity' event which has been pushed back to the 23rd. So, there's no real change. Same time, same place, different roleplay.

Now for some longer-term business. Asteroid Base will be receiving a third season. There was never really any doubt considering the next run will likely coincide with the 100th 'official' episode of Asteroid Base produced, and five years since the RP first started up. Whether or not this proves to be AB's final major outing, remains to be seen. Whenever I reach an ultimate decision on that one, I shall let you know.

What I do know, is that the third season will bring back much of the original Asteroid Base's formula. While the Illuminati storyline has been interesting to produce, pushing it out further risks alienating participating members, and potential new ones. By the end of this season, I'll be happy to inject a dose of energy, humour and quirkiness in to an otherwise drab locale. With a few major changes along the way to bring the series in line to where I would like it to be come December 2012...

Another point to make, without giving away the finer details of the final episodes of Season Two, is that this will likely be Amber Munro's final run as a main character. Having played this character, strolling these rocky halls, for over four years now, there's only so much I can do with my dear Captain. I did try, once, to say goodbye - having her killed by the infamous John Sheppard at the end of Classic-AB's Fifth Season. However, that also turned out to be the final episode of the original run - so I never actually moved on from the character.

But surely, having given her a less than happy exit the first time around, I'll be more forgiving this time? Right? Right?

Talus Roben

#1
Quote from: "Grizz"having her killed by the infamous John Sheppard at the end of Classic-AB's Fifth Season

No danger of that this time around ;)


Grizz

#2
Quote from: "TalusRoben"
Quote from: "Grizz"having her killed by the infamous John Sheppard at the end of Classic-AB's Fifth Season

No danger of that this time around ;)

That's right, you saved me, you friendly murderer, you!

Grizz

#3
Following whichever set of roleplays are planned for the anniversary run, Asteroid Base will conclude (for real, this time - I promise) on episode 100.

Talus Roben

#4
The end of Asteroid Base is nigh? :(