News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

The USS Ishimura Map.

Started by Andromeda, January 16, 2013, 04:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andromeda

Star Trek: Ishimura, The Official Map.

Good News Everyone!

I have recently been in contact with Sparky also known as Motoko on the forums.

He has agreed to create a new map for Ishimura by using his map, USS_Voyager_A which we currently use as a base to start from. You can expect new Textures, Sounds and features. As well as many fixes to USS_Voyager_A. Similar to how Ryan created Dauntless by using his map, Solaris and Martin Thompson created the new Dauntless over that Dauntless.

In reference to the bugs you may have noticed such as, Mess Hall door's missing textures, Ceiling missing near engineering. And the Main doors for Engineering opening and closing slowly, This is because the map we have is the Very First release. Not it's Fix or v2 of the map.

If you have any idea's as to what you would like to see in the map please list them below.



USS Voyager-A
The USS Voyager-A Map was created by Sparky back on August 14th 2009 for the USS Voyager-A Project an SRP started by Chris Carter in the early 2009.

Created with the assistance of Myself and others the map while large captivated the SRP during its Second Season. It was the core reality that eventually gave rise to the Spin off, Star Trek: Dauntless and Star Trek: Lost Souls with a Distant relation to Star Trek: Banting.

The map was stable on non-RPGXEF servers even with its complexity and size.

Before the end of Star Trek: Voyager-A the map was set to get it's 3rd Official Release.

With this release the map would of been host to a number of new features. Interactive Holodeck, New Shuttle bay, Redesigned Bridge, Up to date and customized quarters,Intruder Alert, Force Field posts at key sections of the ship that could be turned on and off via a nearby controller. Sadly with the end of Voyager-A the map was not released.

And equally as sad, TLO only has USS_Voyager_A in it's first incarnation. v1's fix and v2 are lost forever.



Decks

Below are Voy_A's Decks.
Deck 1: Bridge, Observation Lounge, Ready Room
Deck 3: Officers Quarters
Deck 6: Mess Hall, Shuttlebay, Transporter Room, Crew Quarters
Deck 8: Main Engineering, Computer Core, Cargo Bay
Deck 11: Sick Bay, Science Lab, Brig, Armory, Astrometrics

And Below is the proposed Deck listing for Ishimura (Subject to change at Sparky's whim)

[To Be Determined]


"Hey.. the deck listing is different to this one, http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,4534.0.html"
That is because Ishimura's Decks are separated into "Sections" Due to the number of them as it is a large ship.
Med/Sci Deck 1, 2, 3 and 4 is actually Deck's 15, 16, 17 and 18. Filled with labs and medical rooms. I'll edit that post to make decks less... confusing.


Features List
Do you have an idea of what you would like in the map? Would you like to see some of the rooms in the Deck list above implemented?
Then make a comment below with a list of things you would like to see within the map.

Proposed Features:



Accepted Features:
New Alert Sounds
New Door Sounds
New Console Sounds
New LCARS Theme/Textures
New Ship Textures, Walls, Carpet etc.


Rejected Features:


Release Date
Currently Sparky is hard at work on his Map for Jedi Knight Academy and RPG-X known as SSV Normandy SR2.
Once it is complete he will start working on Ishimura.
Estimated Release of July to August 2013. If not sooner or later. Depending on the time needed to finish the Normandy SR2.


Final Information

Map Name: USS_Ishimura
Map Creator: Sparky (Motoko)
Dependencies: USS_Voyager_A and all of its Dependencies.
Map Staff: Andromeda (Creative Consultant, Tester)
RPG-X EF Required?: Yes

criminula

I quite liked the security briefing room, CoS's office and armoury from Voy-A. Could something security based be added? Also, a brig would be a nice edition.



Andromeda

Security based? Like a Security room with camera's etc sorta like Aurora's?

Voy_A's brig will probably be upgraded/altered for Ishimura, depending what time Sparky has.

criminula

The cameras room sounds like it could be quite a nice edition. Perhaps include in there security lockdown controls for sections that cameras cover.



motoko


Spock

I'll just be glad to have an office :P

(V) (;,,;) (V)

Andromeda

#6
Can Everyone please replied to this post.


Senior Staff: Where do you want your Offices on the deck in relation to other rooms?
Here is a location on which decks your office's are located in the SRP.


CO's Office: Deck 1 (Deck 2 is the Bridge)
XO's Office: Deck 1
COS's Office: Deck 30
CSO's Office: Deck 14
CE's Office: Deck 22
CMO's Office: Deck 14 

Example:
CE: I would like my office in the rear of Engineering like Dauntless
CMO: I would like my office located in a secure area behind Sickbay.
XO: I would like my office overlooking the bridge, overlooking the left side.

See attachment for a Draft of Deck 2's Layout (Bridge Deck)

Spock

XO: Office overlooking the bridge right side

(V) (;,,;) (V)

criminula

CoS: I would like my office at the entrance to the security area, preferably with a one-way mirror so I can observe who enters and leaves the section. Controls for a forcefield at the entrance to the section would be nice, for the security of the security staff. I think it might need an override somewhere outside, in case we break it. Perhaps in a jefferies tube or similar?



Martin Thompson

I'd start first with going trough the map carefully and fixing all misalighed brushes (ALOT of them in engineering front section) and Z-Fighting surfaces. After that I'd turn my eye to consitency around the map. For instance the insides of the turbolift differs from deck to deck (mainly the layer of brushes that is round the door) ang straighten that out. Once that is done you might have a look at adding some more functionality, but I suggest focussing on the map itself first.


Klaw

Quote from: Martin Thompson on January 21, 2013, 04:32:48 AM
I'd start first with going trough the map carefully and fixing all misalighed brushes (ALOT of them in engineering front section) and Z-Fighting surfaces. After that I'd turn my eye to consitency around the map. For instance the insides of the turbolift differs from deck to deck (mainly the layer of brushes that is round the door) ang straighten that out. Once that is done you might have a look at adding some more functionality, but I suggest focussing on the map itself first.

This^

first priority of any map is to get the basics done, after that one can personalize

motoko

#11
just to clarify things here

this map will not be and modification of the existing voyager-a map

it will be completely re-done from scratch and all the errors made in the older voyager-a will not be allowed in the new version any help in identifying issues during the map build is greatly appreciated

yes the corridors may look similar but I am re-doing them from the ground up and these are not final

and unlike voyager-a it will not be a rush job

but as Andromeda said I will need to find out where things are to go in the new map because i am in no mood for people "bitching" about where their quarters/office is after the map is made, I had it with voyager-a i don't plan on having it again

Andromeda

#12
Well my post appears to have done a runner when I tried to quote something in it. So it would appear I've gone and deleted it without realizing.

But yeah we need to know where rooms will be otherwise there will be a map without.. anything really other than core rooms etc etc etc.

I'll be uploading more Drafts of the core decks later.


Edit:

As for

"but as Andromeda said I will need to find out where things are to go in the new map because i am in no mood for people "bitching" about where their quarters/office is after the map is made, I had it with voyager-a i don't plan on having it again"

I don't wish to see anyone or hear that someone has complained over how their room looks when the map's out because you've had this chance to say what you want. So when the maps out, Deal with it. Motoko is not doing this out of slavery or because he has to.
He is doing it out of kindness and he deserves your respect and gratitude for what he is doing.

If after the map is out, you notice there is something wrong with your room like missing textures, features, walls, gravity or missing all together then just make it as a bug report and in a future version to enhance, tweak or improve the map it will get fixed.


Andzzy

On the office: plop the CO's wherever you feel that it will work. You shan't hear any complaining from me unless you do something absolutely ridiculous with it i.e. making it a whole deck of it's own.

On the mapping: people will complain. That's just a fact of life. However, in the interest of not having to mediate arguments here, I am asking that all comments/concerns be directed to me and not posted here in this thread. If it's a concern about the design pipeline i.e. basics < advanced, then please refrain from comment for now. While I'm certain nobody has hostile intentions, let's keep this thread a happy place shall we? XD

Conclusion: Thanks Sparky for the map. I like the corridor design and can't wait to see the finished product.


December. Cheer for everyone!

motoko