News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Beyond Infinity Requisition office

Started by Klaw, January 15, 2013, 07:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Basically, Over the next few weeks, I'm going to be working on personalizing the Normandy for all of us in Beyond Infinity, to make it feel a little homey.

SO, I'd like you all to think about your offices, workspaces, etc and consider some paintings/rugs/trinkets, or features (within reason) that you'd like to see in Normandy_VBI.

So, google away, send me some links! and Klaw will do his best to make them happen! :) (please, don't go too overboard, and please remember I'm limited not only by the game engine, but also by my ability :P)


Trevor of Borg

Would it be possible to put a console in a room that has like a holographic display type thing when you press a button to make it pop up? Even a room full of displays and a console all behind them with a bed.

Klaw

Quote from: Trevor Felex on January 16, 2013, 09:55:23 AM
Would it be possible to put a console in a room that has like a holographic display type thing when you press a button to make it pop up? Even a room full of displays and a console all behind them with a bed.


It's possible, but for personal preference - I don't wanna have to create a new map everytime a character dies/leaves/of gets re-assigned (Just incase people leave the SRP, which happens sometimes) :P Textures I can change easilly without a new map, but removing 400 consoles in a room.... that's hard :P


So, I'll happilly add a console with a backpanel in your room - I could easilly set it to become active when you stand near it, and could hopefully deactivate it when you walk away (It's a function I've been playing with anyway :P)

is there anything else you'd like?

Trevor of Borg

I would like 2 panels, and i want red walls, with some alert lights in my room. I would like pictures of different ships (shall it be in the federation universe or shall it be fantasy ships). Would it be possible to make a window in my room? Or a picture that resembles a window.

Klaw

I'm gonna start working on this sometime this week - so, if you have a specific thing, or a list of things you want for your rooms - get them to me, or suffer the wrath of Klaw's creativity gone wild :P

and I warn you, I'm not an interior decorator :P



Telex Ferra






Russell Xokon

For Gorath, maybe some Minotaur weapons on the walls (You could use Klingon weapons or something)  and maybe something like medals or a picture of medals from his days in the Royal Guard.

The Investigator

For Kahlis, how about a nice bookshelf in his quarters.... with plenty of leather-bound books in it.