News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Model Crashes [RESOLVED]

Started by Telex Ferra, April 30, 2013, 05:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

For some reason, whenever I load some of Talus' First Steps models, the game crashes. I've confirmed this when on a local server, on one of our servers and on just the initial welcome screen.

This is the *only* information provided by the console after I make the command

]/model janeway/firststeps
----- CL_Shutdown -----
OpenAL capture device closed.
RE_Shutdown( 1 )
----- CL_Shutdown -----
WARNING: Recursive shutdown


Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?





criminula

Its nice to know that my character's model is breaking RPG-X. XD



Telex Ferra

It's not just yours, unfortunately. It appears that only mine is working.

However, I think I've identified the problem and Talus will have it fixed shortly.





Ryan Stokes

I can't wait to see these models! Do you have a picture of what they will look like?

Talus Roben

For future reference:

RPG-X sometimes doesn't like jpeg files for whatever reason (I'm not sure why, maybe the progressive scan encoding...). Anyway, if you convert all the jpeg files in the pk3 to tga files it should then work (or at least it seems to have done in this instance).


GSIO01

#5
That's correct Quake 3 does not support jpeg files with progressive scan encoding. Progresessive scan encoding if for use on web pages and similar media and is nothing you would like to use in an graphics or game engine.
So jpeg files for use in RPG-X have to be sequencial which means progressive scan encoding should not be selected when exporting for it.

Telex Ferra

Thank you GSI for coming and telling us the problem.  :)