News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Occupied - Reviews and Critiques

Started by Telex Ferra, June 30, 2013, 02:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Out of 10?

10
5 (50%)
9
1 (10%)
8
3 (30%)
7
1 (10%)
6
0 (0%)
5
0 (0%)
4
0 (0%)
3
0 (0%)
2
0 (0%)
1
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Telex Ferra

Lieutenant Junior Grade (COMM) Carolina Philips
Ensign (Pilot) Michael Barnes
Ensign (Pilot) Erin Montgomery
Provisional Ensign (ACMO) Evangelous (Angelo) Christou
Master Chief Petty Officer (Tac) Kevin Stokes
Crewman (Tac) Michael Zeolla
Crewman (Eng) Hugh S'Less

The crew mourns the loss of these fine men and women as it tries to find a way to reach the distant Zhen'tok coordinates before the Romulan plague kills them all. Sub-Commander T'Lara was killed by the engineers' plan, but Commander Katanak is nowhere to be found. Senior Chief Petty Officer Aziz Karimov hangs on for his life in sickbay, and the crew works to clean up the damage left behind by the Romulans.

(Anyone who died this week PLEASE reapply. If you are in a senior position (Pilot, ACMO etc.) then you have priority on those positions. We are still looking for a new COMM officer and this is open to ANYONE who wants it. If you took a new name during the episode, please apply anyway so I know what to switch the names around to.  :) )

So how did we do? This episode was an experiment. The people who died were chosen in the situation; only one was planned beforehand. Additionally, the plan that defeated the Romulans was written BY THE CREW DURING THE EPISODE without any influence from Klaw or myself. Did you like this more freestyle of RPing? Please let us know!






Spock

A very interesting episode to say the least. Great to see everyone trying to get into the discussion and determining of a plan to get rid of our pesky intruders. Nice to see the engineering team come up with the day saving plan. Certainly interesting to watch many people get killed off...bit of a Red Wedding thing going on but fun none the less. Now to find out more about this disease.

(V) (;,,;) (V)

Klaw

I loved it! The ideas presented (while not all brilliant) were flowing wildly! and I loved it! This was a great RP!


Mutatio Nomen

Separating the wheat from the chaff, I guess.. :P

Xellas Tollas

#4
Quote from: Mutatio Nomen on July 01, 2013, 10:47:13 AM
Separating the wheat from the chaff, I guess.. :P
if that would be as you mentioned, I would be away xD
btw: haven't voted yet.... trying to make my mind up between 6-10 :)

Telex Ferra

Could the person who voted four please speak up? If there is something you didn't like about the episode Klaw and I would really like to address it.





zantaclaws

Quote from: Telex Ferra on July 01, 2013, 04:50:46 PM
Could the person who voted four please speak up? If there is something you didn't like about the episode Klaw and I would really like to address it.

Me, i miss clicked thought i was voting 8 sorry.  :-[

Telex Ferra

I've changed the poll so you can revote if you so desire.





Xellas Tollas

#8
wow ...what an episode!

It's really hard to decide what rating i should give this week

My thoughts went from:
*nice idea but will not work* over to
*oh: fascinating* to
*omg: we will have the whole crew killed and half of the ship blewn up when he continues developing his plan - please stop him* to
*great idea for the plot* to
*that was a misfitting sentence/conversation* to
*what the hell has that to do with the situation* to
*oh, he's going up and down and don't know what to do with his character* to
*that's brilliant*
to a really fantastic final 30 minutes 

a) I love the idea of freestyle rps ... so please: more of that :)

b) The performance in engineering was, in my opinion, outstanding. It was a real pleasure to see you developing the solution and bringing the plot to a great and comprehensible final

c) The more freestyle style seemed to be not easy to play for everyone - my subjective impression was that some people felt a bit 'lost' in that situation.

d) I was impressed by the variety of ideas that you all had...some of them not so brilliant in my opinion but mostly really cool and fascinating ideas.


As ever: just my subjective impressions  ;D

-
Xellas Tollas

zantaclaws

Quote from: Xellas Tollas on July 02, 2013, 06:13:58 AM

c) The more freestyle style seemed to be not easy to play for everyone - my subjective impression was that some people felt a bit 'lost' in that situation.

-
Xellas Tollas

Tactical was completely cut off from engineering so we had no idea what was going on.

Paenitet

Well, I thought it was a good episode. However, I was dissapointed to find that quite a bit of it was improvised. That tends to be the opposite of what we're taught about RPing, especially in a SRP. :P I think it would've been more interesting and fun if we'd been told that we could improvise a bit more, ect. I felt restricted and was dissapointed to find out I didn't need to be.

Apart from that, good epsiode.

Lucas Picard


Telex Ferra

#12
Quote from: pupbenny on July 02, 2013, 10:48:57 AM
Well, I thought it was a good episode. However, I was dissapointed to find that quite a bit of it was improvised. That tends to be the opposite of what we're taught about RPing, especially in a SRP. :P I think it would've been more interesting and fun if we'd been told that we could improvise a bit more, ect. I felt restricted and was dissapointed to find out I didn't need to be.

Apart from that, good epsiode.

http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5544.0.html

The whole point of this episode was to give people a lot more freedom in the episode. I thought this was clearly written in the episode info (linked above) but if you think what's written there is unclear, please tell me.

What could I have said in the episode info to make it more clear that I wanted you to improvise?





Paenitet