News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

S02E01 - 'In Extremis' - Season Premiere - 03/08/13

Started by Grizz, July 03, 2013, 05:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz



Production Code: 2x01
Episode Title: "In Extremis"
Writer: Grizz
Air Date: 3rd August 2013

Nine weeks have passed since President G'rath and General Walter Peirce fled after the supposed execution of a senior Government official. Richard Watkins coordinates with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, leading an increasingly remorseless campaign to track down remaining Illuminati conspirators outside and within the current administration. In the Accobar System, the first mining platform established by the Klingons has begun operations - supervised by an increased military presence in the region. Pioneer Station continues to adjust to the loss of Asteroid Base: Alpha, which now sees Mark Chaplain prepare for the arrival of fourty-seven alien refugees. One of whom is hiding information that Starfleet Intelligence has been hunting for since the the FNN broadcast sixty days ago.

Jemma Etis receives a mysterious visitor, insisting that hope is not lost for her sister, Lexi. Alicia Costello and Jack Willis find themselves in an unfortunate situation while Tabor Laren sets to work on keeping the crew's outlook intact. But hopes are lifted by the return of Daniel Thrace and there's a light at the end of the tunnel for the Accobar III project - now helmed by Professor Nathaniel Fox.




Starfleet Headquarters ( <- Will Need )

RPG Academy (<- may need, server dependant )

Jenson

QuoteAir Date: TBD

Let me fix that.

QuoteAir Date: Sunday, July 7th. We won't have a break after all.

:P


Grizz

A few small edits made. Not the date, I'm afraid.  :)

criminula

I'm already looking forward to this, and the rest of the new season that's on its way. I'm worried about this unfortunate situation, especially having just watched the intro sequence to The Last of Us, which is giving me a sudden darker perspective on things.



Grizz

Quote from: criminula on July 03, 2013, 06:13:34 PM
I'm already looking forward to this, and the rest of the new season that's on its way. I'm worried about this unfortunate situation, especially having just watched the intro sequence to The Last of Us, which is giving me a sudden darker perspective on things.

I imagine the latest posting in the writer's corner is quite relevent, then  ;) One section in particular.

Martin Thompson

Having a short break only increases the suspense! As long as its not too long and at the start of the season we're all like "Ohhhhh yeah, THAT was what happend, hey did that.... ah right yeah that was mentioned in that one episode and hey, i missed that (read: forgotten) that completely last season!". But like i said, a little suspense is good :P

There is also so much going on in the AF/AB universe, I'm curious, do you guys write this all down somewhere? I know that I wouldn't be able to remember it all myself :P


SFC3

I believe they have a Dropbox folder with story plans.

Griffwald

Quote from: Martin Thompson on July 04, 2013, 04:06:33 AM
Having a short break only increases the suspense! As long as its not too long and at the start of the season we're all like "Ohhhhh yeah, THAT was what happend, hey did that.... ah right yeah that was mentioned in that one episode and hey, i missed that (read: forgotten) that completely last season!". But like i said, a little suspense is good :P

There is also so much going on in the AF/AB universe, I'm curious, do you guys write this all down somewhere? I know that I wouldn't be able to remember it all myself :P
Quote from: SFC3 on July 04, 2013, 08:51:36 AM
I believe they have a Dropbox folder with story plans.

This is correct. One folder, with 4285568 folders inside.

criminula

Quote from: Griffiths on July 04, 2013, 10:30:59 AM
This is correct. One folder, with 4285568 folders inside.

Oh lord, its a zip bomb without the zip.



Griffwald

Today, Grizz requested I add to the main folder, a new one titled:


"LOOK HERE NOW YOU *****"

*****= expletive

Martin Thompson

Quote from: Griffiths on July 04, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
Today, Grizz requested I add to the main folder, a new one titled:


"LOOK HERE NOW YOU *****"

*****= expletive

XD


Well for Dauntless i used to keep a document on google drive so i could share with James and Andromeda but unfortunatly i wan't really secure about keeping up with events and writing stuff that happened down so sometimes i forgot something myself XD. But yeah, Dropbox with a gazillion folders with all stuff inside works aswell. I also have a Dauntless folder which contains all the 3d stuff and trailers i made for it XD. But I'm going off-topic here. Nice to know you have all your stuff in relative order :P Keep on the good work!


Grizz

Updated with the start date which was unveiled (twice) tonight. Plus, the two images from the Twitch stream:




Grizz

"In Extremis" Five Teasers

1) "G'rath has got to go. Peirce, too. This thing has got to end, Richard."

2) Someone has their finger on the button. Actually, many people have many fingers on many buttons.

3) Pioneer welcomes it's new toy.

4) One unexpected villain down. One surprisingly ally to go.

5) "You do this... and it will ruin you."

The final five teasers will be released next week, followed by an official introduction to the season opener.

Grizz

DATE CHANGE

Due to potential attendance conflicts I would prefer to avoid if possible for the opening episodes (including myself for the second), this episode has been brought forward to next week. Start filling up the 'Unable to Attend' thread once more if this is an issue at this point. It can be put back if necessary.




"In Extremis" Final Five Teasers

6 ) We learn who took the hit at the end of last season, within the opening scene.

7 ) We didn't learn who it was on the other end of that comm channel in 'Where There is Discord.'

8 ) 47 strangers boarding an unpredictable space station orbiting the planet of mysteries? What could possibly go wrong?

9 ) He's back, with answers - and so is he! It's Nathaniel Fox versus David Rush versus Daniel Thrace.

10 ) G'rath's actions have made himself enemies within his own ranks. One is revealed aboard Pioneer.

Andzzy

I have a party on the 27th so I can't be there that day O_O. I'll make up a clever excuse for Rogan's absence and PM it to you unless you have something you wanted to do with him specifically xP.


December. Cheer for everyone!