News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Star Trek: Beyond Infinity Crew Roster and Applications

Started by Klaw, December 08, 2013, 01:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

Hey Klaw if some of the other spots remain open for a while I would like to move from OPS (not saying I'm unhappy just saying as it seems some important positions still need filling)


TLO Gold account holder

Trevor of Borg

Character Name: Fred
Most desired Positions:ace
Model Name:renner
Can you make the Day and Time? - Sundays at 1:30pm EST (6:30GMT): yes
Any Additional Information

Klaw

Quote from: Archibald on December 12, 2013, 11:46:13 AM
Hey Klaw if some of the other spots remain open for a while I would like to move from OPS (not saying I'm unhappy just saying as it seems some important positions still need filling)

I'm a CO who tries to give EVERYONE an equal part. And IMO, Ops is more important to me than a Post such as CTO, - because the Operations Officer is more versatile in his abilities than the CTO.

Look at Data, and Harry Kim - Engineers, strategists, scientists, well rounded officers, as opposed to people like  TNG's Worf, or Malcom Reed, who were more the "shoot first, and ask questions  later" type.

Ultimately, moving elsewhere would be up to you - but, for Me, Ops is one of my favorite roles to fill in an RP for the reasons I mentioned above.

Klaw

updated - once again, double check me to make sure I didn't overlook anyone...(I am human after all :P)

Mutatio Nomen

Hey Klaw, bearing in mind I've no prior knowledge of lore in STBI, what races can we be? I notice there are one or two that sound other than human.

Andromeda

Playable: Ed'Nari.  Olympian. Asgard. Osirian.

Not Playable: Human. Vulcan. Andorian. Catian. Ferengi. Betazoid. Trill. Bjoran. All other milky way races

Locked (unless stated otherwise): Valkyr. Q. Suulurian. And all antagonist races.

Klaw

Let us not also forget Minotaur (who, until a new model could be made, would look like Klingons :P) Legion - Who are Very Human in appearance as well. And there is also room for you to create your own "minor" race. Say - for example.... You lived on one of the moons of the main planets... or you were considered a second class citizen by the Olympians - or maybe just live on a smaller world on the outskirts of Alliance Space. - The Minor race would be up to you to create :P

Mutatio Nomen

#23
Character Name: Leandros Aegeus
3 Most desired Positions: CTO, ACTO, etc.
Model Name: Durk
Can you make the Day and Time? - Yes.
Race: Olympian.

Name means "lion of a man", but all TBD tbh. :P


Archibald

Sorry to say this Klaw but I think I'll have to pull out, it's just I don't have the same "day" on sundays that I have on sundays so I don't think that I can make as regular attendence as I would like to as it kind of fits in badly with my personal timetable and there just doesn't appear to be a way that I could make it to BI


TLO Gold account holder

Kurt Fraser

Name: James Shepard
3 Most Desired: ACTO, Tac, Eng
Model:TBD
Yes I can make the time and day
Additional Information: Background: Classified Previous Listings: Classified Combat Operations

Andromeda

#27
@Archy
Understood. I'll let Klaw know when I see him, unless he's y'know. Already seen it.

@Kurt
Your Application is being processed. Given how understaffed Tactical and Science are, if you can not get ACTO or Tac, would you be happy with the Science dept?
Either way, you're likely to get your asked positions since no one else has shown an interest.


Another Reminder: The Following Races are NOT playable.
Andorian's, Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, Humans, Rigelians, Ferengi and every single race in the Milky Way Galaxy and Star Trek universe.

You can play races that exist in the region of space where BI takes place: Ed'Nari.  Olympian. Asgard. Osirian, Minotaur, Legion.
You can create your own minor race as Klaw has said.

The reason that Milky Way races you've seen in Star Trek are not playable will be revealed in due time. But basically, the Federation and most major political superpowers in the Alpha, Beta, Delta and Gamma Quadrants are not nearby this region of space.

Kurt Fraser

@Andromeda yea that would be fine, the reason my character is TBD is I'm having an issue reinstalling RPGXCE the setup keeps saying it is corrupted I'm trying one last download attempt then I shall had it over to the support forum

Kurt Fraser

Hey, can I get some model names for the playable races so I can make a decision as to which one I would use before tonight, thanks :)