News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Season Three Preview

Started by Grizz, January 20, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Griffiths and I discussed the Hobus crisis at length, quite a number of months ago now. So actually building the series around it properly has been an interesting task. I've tackled the destruction of Romulus three times in this setting and I have never been satisfied. While the Accobar system has previously been sidelined, it makes absolute sense that Pioneer Station plays a major role in the immediate aftermath and recovery. While the events of Dies Irae will echo throughout, the main bulk of the crisis will be dealt with in the first few episodes.

We have a very brief encounter with the Narada. An exploration of the refugee fleet first mentioned to Daniel Thrace in S02E13. A not-so-routine aid mission aboard the Hera. Catching up with the ramifications of the Taylor Peace Agreement in the Star Empire's time of need - and desperation. Following that, and more, we start to hone back in on Pioneer Station and it's crew adapting to a new set of circumstances. With Asteroid Base: Alpha reduced to space dust, the facilities' M.O. has changed. The initially prominent science team is playing second fiddle to new arrivals while the Promenade falls under new management yet again.

The Tactical and Engineering departments team up to reinforce Pioneer's defensive and offensive capabilities while certain members of the crew band together to keep a promise made to Doctor Hampton and prevent Pioneer from becoming just another Starfleet outpost. I'm diving in to certain areas based on recent changes. Archibald is no longer the lone engineer, and Main Engineering takes the spotlight during the fourth episode. Episode Five is something of a fun romp on the Promenade. Previous episodes with set pieces down there have been very successful and a lot of fun to do - so it's time to raise the bar again. Mid-season brings back something to the Tyrella Sector not seen since the third, brief, season of Asteroid Base. With an Asteroid Field twist, of course.

Before that, we have a scandal brewing in the wake of Operation Dawnstar and the final outing for Captain Amber Munro after over five years with the character. Beyond that, there are still some unanswered questions to address and some unexpected adventures to embark upon. We have ventured out of the Accobar System to some weird and dangerous places. Now it's time for the crew to get their money's worth when it comes to frontier exploration.

Dark times may be here again, but safe in the knowledge that the Accobar Civilization is still out there, Pioneer is ready to receive a new injection of energy - and there is still plenty of fun to be had. It's a clean slate - almost - and a chance to rebuild. On top of which, I'm looking forward to getting back in to the swing of permanently CO'ing on the ground for the first time since Season One's 'Bad Moon Rising.'

I'm sure you will all be pleased to know that there isn't a character death in sight.

But then... I'm not finished, am I?

Asteroid Field Returns... February 1 2014

Mutatio Nomen

Quote from: Clara on January 20, 2014, 06:01:14 PMArchibald is no longer the lone engineer, and Main Engineering takes the spotlight during the fourth episode.

Woohoo! ^_^

Archibald



TLO Gold account holder

Martin Thompson

QuoteBut then... I'm not finished, am I?

42