News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

SRP Update - Asteroid Field Returns Successfully

Started by Grizz, February 09, 2014, 05:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Greetings, for it is that time again!

This update comes following the first two episode of the new season of Asteroid Field, and I'm very pleased at how they have performed. Both episodes have averaged 10 members present and both have been completed as expected with only minor changes in the latter. As I have previously outlined, I wanted to leave plenty of room for character moments while advancing through Pioneer's story during the Hobus crisis - which will remain at the fore over the next two weeks, with it's effects resonating throughout the rest of the season.

I am also very pleased that both have been rated highly thus far, both holding a majority of Excellent votes. While this is little indication of how the third season will perform, it has put me at ease following a hiatus of uncertainty (<- that's not a Thatcher quote, is it?). I also extremely happy to announce that I have only been left hanging by SFC3 in one scene so far. This is certainly a record - so thank you for that  ;)

I hope that new CO, Sophia Mason, is also proving to be a fairly rounded character at this late stage. Up to now, I have been recycling various characters. Amber Munro, for the last six years. Renee Hampton was a new take on Chloe Harper. Walter Peirce has developed from Klaw's long-running creation. Mason is the first character I developed from scratch in quite some time in this universe. I'm looking forward to getting to know her even more in the coming weeks. As for what kind of Commanding Officer she will choose to be - there is a moment in an upcoming episode which will serve as her foundation in the director's office. You won't miss it.

Special welcome to Mutatio Nomen & Kurtf2013 for jumping on board this season, it has been great to see you both in-game. Also to Klaw - who has returned to the Tyrella Sector once again! Trevor has also returned, hopefully to revise his Season 2.5 trailer quote  :P Kaialin have also joined the ranks, but unfortunately we have yet to see their characters beam aboard. On that note, if anybody has immediate contact with Kaialin - please send him this way as soon as possible, I would hate to see him go before he begins. My attendance policy remains in force and repeated failure to notify or check in periodically will result in a roster removal! So keep on top of it  :)

There is nothing major to report, so I'll simply thank you all again for either continuing to spend your time aboard Pioneer - and also for joining us, or returning to us, as we kick off what will hopefully be another successful season! Hopefully much less uneventful behind the scenes than the last! Keep on voting and leaving your comments in the discussion thread, because as I have bored you with many times prior, it is that feedback which keeps the Serial Roleplay running at TLO. I would still love to see a 1:1 attendee-vote ratio - but alas, this is not a perfect world of which I have absolute control over.

Dream of that day. Now go and tell Telex to commission Asteroid Field for five more seasons.

Thank you all again, see you next week!

Grizz

Mutatio Nomen

QuoteNow go and tell Telex to commission Asteroid Field for five more seasons.

Consider it done! :D

Grizz

I would like to provide an addition to this update.

The third season of ST:AF is currently performing better than all previous seasons of both Asteroid Field and Asteroid Base. So as the sixth season out of the Accobar story box at TLO, this is great news. There are no guarantees that this trend will continue, but I'm delighted that we have got off to a wonderful start. I have spoken previously about my concerns regarding storylines, fluctuating characters, unstable attendance and stressful incidents behind-the-scenes.

For the time-being, these have been alleviated. I don't think I have enjoyed roleplaying in these two SRPs quite as much as I have throughout February. It could be down to great attendance. It could be down to Mason. It could be down to watching you guys interact. It could be down to having no delays. It could be down to having no additional writers to chase up every day. It could very well be all of the above.

Ultimately it's up to you guys to keep on letting me know what's working and what isn't. It's just as important I find out why things are working as why they are not. It helps everybody involved.

Thank you all!

Mutatio Nomen

Quote from: Clara on February 24, 2014, 04:54:33 PMI don't think I have enjoyed roleplaying in these two SRPs quite as much as I have throughout February. It could be down to great attendance. It could be down to Mason. It could be down to watching you guys interact

Or it could be the sight of I, McClintock, downing whisky nae' unlike a fish drinks water!