News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Enhanced edition won't launch [RESOLVED]

Started by Rob Browning, March 05, 2014, 07:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Browning

Hi there,

I've installed the RPGXCE file, which worked fine, then I wanted to install the Enhanced Version. Setup went fine, but when I went into the launcher and it offered me the choice of RPG-X or the enhanced version, I clicked on the enhanced version and it just says "Couldn't load default.cfg"

I'm by no means a technical whizz so it's likely I'm missing something basic.

Any thoughts?  :(

Veritas

That's a known bug, we're working on it. For now, use the shortcuts on your desktop and in your start folder to launch the Enhanced version.

Rob Browning

That WAS from the Start Menu, and it says the same thing even if I go to C:/Program Files/etcetc and click on the rpgxEF.exe file  :(

Telex Ferra

Quote from: Rob Browning on March 05, 2014, 07:05:03 PM
Hi there,

I've installed the RPGXCE file, which worked fine, then I wanted to install the Enhanced Version. Setup went fine, but when I went into the launcher and it offered me the choice of RPG-X or the enhanced version, I clicked on the enhanced version and it just says "Couldn't load default.cfg"

I'm by no means a technical whizz so it's likely I'm missing something basic.

Any thoughts?  :(

Can you take a screenshot of your .../The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition and your .../The Last Outpost RPG-X Complete Edition/rpgxEF folders please?





Veritas




Rob Browning

Right, now that this is working again!

The screenshots are attached, and yes I do use Windows XP.




Veritas

The issue is a known one with X P; it's why rpgxce doesn't technically support it anymore. Catch up with me on Skype and I can fix it for you.