News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

The End of Happy Hour

Started by Telex Ferra, August 12, 2014, 04:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

The RPG-X staff and I have discussed for a few days now, and we think it's for the best if we eliminate Happy Hour from our weekly calendar of events.

I know this may seem counter-intuitive to many of you, but the RPG-X staff and I feel that Happy Hour and the point system was doing more harm than good. People have taken the points system much more serious than it was intended to be to the point where people only want to RP at a time when they can get points. This is not what I intended when I invented the point system and so I feel it necessary to decouple them from Happy Hour. You can still get points for attending events, mSRPs, and SRPs (provided the runners PM me an attendance list!) but spontaneous RPs will no longer provide points.

Well, Telex, how am I supposed to get points then? Will there still be midweek RPs?

YES, as we discussed at the last cabinet meeting, we are looking to replace Happy Hour with more structured mSRPs. Our goal is to have 2-3 mSRPs commissioned at any one time, so please send in your ideas! Serris and I are more than happy to help you hammer out a plot if you would like assistance.

From now on, the following changes are in effect

- There will be no more RPG-X Happy Hour
- mSRPs and SRPs will both have no application requirements
- mSRPs will run during the week to give you the midweek RPs you crave.

We hope to see all of you continue to launch spontaneous RPs on the server, or at the mSRPs that are sure to arise from this new change.





RadioActivitii