News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Client/Server Error [CLOSED]

Started by Boyesey, November 16, 2014, 11:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyesey

Hey guys im trying to connect to one of the servers and it wont let me it kick me back to main menu after about 1 min I looked on the console and found an error message im posting the condump hope fully someone can help thanks.

Serris

Go into your game settings and shut off auto downloading.

Boyesey

I have already done that but it still wont work.

Telex Ferra

Quote from: Boyesey on November 16, 2014, 11:51:59 AM
Hey guys im trying to connect to one of the servers and it wont let me it kick me back to main menu after about 1 min I looked on the console and found an error message im posting the condump hope fully someone can help thanks.

Are you using RPG-XCE? It looks like you're using an old version of RPG-X that we phased out some time ago.

I would recommend uninstalling RPG-XCE and installing RPG-XUE found here: http://www.last-outpost.net/rpgx/

If you really don't want to uninstall, there is a patch at the bottom of that page to update your version of RPG-XCE to the correct one.





Boyesey

I am currently using the ultimate edition.

Serris

#5
Edited. See Telex's post below.

Telex Ferra

Okay, I see the problem in your condump

delete this file

C:\Users\Michelle\AppData\Roaming\RPGXEF\RPG-X2\pak5_beta8_4_x.pk3

and try again





Boyesey

I have just done what you have said Telex and unfortunate it's still not working.

Telex Ferra






Boyesey


Telex Ferra

Hmmm...

C:\Users\Michelle\AppData\Roaming\RPGXEF\RPG-X2

backup this directory somewhere outside of the folder and then delete it.

If you're using RPG-XUE, then you shouldn't have this problem. The only thing I can think of is you accidentally downloaded an old file when auto-downloading was on. The presence of the Asteria stuff in that folder seems to hint at that, since Asteria doesn't work with RPG-X 2.3 and isn't distributed with RPG-XUE.