News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

STO Fleet - Erratic Fleet Member Activity

Started by SFC3, December 08, 2014, 11:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFC3

Today we had a scare. Greg House's STO account was apparently hacked - the hacker attempted to take gear from the fleet bank most likely, but only took 50k EC instead. That is nothing compared to the money we have in the bank, but  I have taken precautions to prevent Fleet Hijacking in the future.

- Members are become more "active". Tonight I saw two people I've never even seen before in the fleet suddenly become active. I have demoted them to Cadet. One individual named @Sev-Tai refused to communicate with me, and "@361c" did not communicate as well. Sev-Tai currently has me on Ignore for unknown reasons. It seems fishy to put your own Fleet Leader on an ignore list, so I would advise to keep an eye on the roster and bank activities of these two individuals. In addition, they had 0 contributions to the Fleet which is also quite odd.

- Bank policies are now tightened up. Lower ranks cannot grab as much as they used to. This may complicate things for other players so please let me know if this is too strict. I will adjust accordingly.

- Finally PLEASE report any activity that you deem erratic to myself or Dendo Hellen. This needs to be acted on immediately NO matter what.

This has been mailed to all Fleet members. You have been warned hijackers, we know you're here.

SFC3/Dendo Hellen


SFC3

#1
In addition Greg House has fixed his security issue.

SFC3

These fleet members have been kicked and a formal message sent regarding their ban. Keep your eyes peeled, fleet, for further activity.

SFC3

RadioActivitii

I recommend everyone change the PWE passwords, to ensure their account doesn't become a security issue to the fleet.

If this continues to be an issue, perhaps Dendo/SFC could remove everyone who hasn't been on TLO this year?

Telex Ferra

Now that you mention it, I recall getting an email a while back about somebody trying to change the password on my PWE account.





Lucas Picard

That never happened to me on STO but someone did try to hack my Facebook last month and he was from Japan, then my WoW got hacked by email from Blizzard so i changed my passwords on both and seeing this happened to Greg i will change my password later.

SFC3

I would like to remind people to enable Account Guard, which is basically Steam Guard for your PWE/Cryptic games. This will prevent someone getting in to your account provided your email is not compromised.

I will be reaching out to those inactive Fleet admirals in the fleet so we can demote them. Those that are still fleet admiral and are inactive are advised to install STO - because the fleet demote system has bugged. This will have to be done manually by leaving and rejoining the TLO Fleet.