News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

Computer Hardware and Electronics

Started by andrewthetechie, November 15, 2013, 04:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criminula

Its hard to tell which bits of my performance improvements are due to what, but everything seems faster (other than initial bootup) by quite some margin in comparison to my old i5. Apparently hit 600FPS in a loading screen in Arma3, although not sure how useful FPS is in a loading screen :) . When I get some free time, I'll be looking to do some overclocking, since a lot of gaming loads do better with fast cores as opposed to more cores. From what reading I've done regarding this CPU, I should probably be able to hit 4GHz fairly easily, with some chips having clocked up to 4.8GHz (although I imagine that would need a more elaborate cooling setup than I have.)



John Adams

I have a Nexus 7 2013 32GB mint condition for salesale. Contact me of you are interested, it is rooted and I can install any ROM,

GSIO01

I upgraded my desktop with an EVGA GeForce 760GTX Superclocked 2GB end of last year. Also I added a 256GB SSD and switched from 8 to 16 GB RAM. I decided to make an clean install with the new SSD so I'm now dual booting with Windows 8.1 Pro N and Chakra Linux.

And I just baught a MacBook Pro 15.4" with an i7 2.5 GHz, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM, and GeForce GT 750M 2GB.

Serris

I just purchased a low-end gaming laptop for travel and general laziness around the house in places that aren't my bedroom. It actually runs demanding applications like the Dolphin Emulator exceptionally well, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can throw at it.

Intel Core i5-5200U @ 2.2 GHz
8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
nVidia GeForce GT 940M
1 TB hybrid SSD/HDD

Shoot

Quote from: Shoot on June 01, 2015, 04:45:21 AM
Primary Desktop


Lenovo IdeaCentre H50-50


Specs:

Intel i5 4460 3.20 GHz
RAM 8GB
Windows 8.1 x64bit
GPU: Nvidia GT 720
Hard Drive 1TB
Lenovo Keyboard
Lenovo Mouse
http://www.speedtest.net/result/4354775147.png
Samsung Syncmaster HDTV Monitor


Secondary Desktop

Lenovo Erazer X310 Gaming Desktop


Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
Motherboard: Intel B85
Lenovo Keyboard
Logitech M545 Gaming Mouse
Logitech Z333 Speakers
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
8GB Flash Cache
Philips 244E5QHSD IPS LED 23.8"


Misc:


HP ProBook 2x
Lenovo Tablet
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
PS3
WII
Samsung Galaxy Trend+
Samsung Galaxy Ace (Broken)

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

RadioActivitii

Quote from: Serris on July 23, 2015, 12:44:16 PM
I just purchased a low-end gaming laptop for travel and general laziness around the house in places that aren't my bedroom. It actually runs demanding applications like the Dolphin Emulator exceptionally well, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can throw at it.

Intel Core i5-5200U @ 2.2 GHz
8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
nVidia GeForce GT 940M
1 TB hybrid SSD/HDD

"low-end"

John Adams

Quote from: RadioActivitii on July 23, 2015, 02:19:46 PM
Quote from: Serris on July 23, 2015, 12:44:16 PM
I just purchased a low-end gaming laptop for travel and general laziness around the house in places that aren't my bedroom. It actually runs demanding applications like the Dolphin Emulator exceptionally well, so I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can throw at it.

Intel Core i5-5200U @ 2.2 GHz
8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz
nVidia GeForce GT 940M
1 TB hybrid SSD/HDD

"low-end"

Extremely, lol, a 940m is definitely better integrated but still bad, lol.

RadioActivitii

Quote from: Brent on July 23, 2015, 02:51:02 PM
Extremely, lol, a 940m is definitely better integrated but still bad, lol.

"low-end"

Shoot

Quote from: Shoot on July 23, 2015, 12:53:26 PM
Quote from: Shoot on June 01, 2015, 04:45:21 AM
Primary Desktop


Lenovo IdeaCentre H50-50


Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 4460 3.20 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Windows 8.1 x64bit
GPU: Nvidia GT 720
Hard Drive 1TB
Lenovo Keyboard
Lenovo Mouse
http://www.speedtest.net/result/4354775147.png
Samsung Syncmaster HDTV Monitor


Secondary Desktop

Lenovo Erazer X310 Gaming Desktop


Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750
Motherboard: Intel B85
Lenovo Keyboard
Logitech M545 Gaming Mouse
Logitech Z333 Speakers
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
8GB Flash Cache
Philips 244E5QHSD IPS LED 23.8"


Misc:


HP ProBook 2x
Lenovo Tablet
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
PS3
WII
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
Samsung Galaxy Trend+
Samsung Galaxy Ace (Broken)

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

andrewthetechie

Built up a new PC for myself:



Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor cooled with Corsair H100i
64gb DDR4-2133
Samsung 850 Pro 256gb x2 (raid 00
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB x2
all in a Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout case


Still running 8x monitors




celticblood94

System Specs:


GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 SC
CPU: Intel-Core i-7 4790k @ 4.0GHz
Hard Drive: WD 1 TB
SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB
MOBO: Sabertooth Z-97 Mk 1
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3








Scott Archer

#131
PC Dell Inspiron 530
OS: Windows Vista SP2 (plus a virtual machine with a Debian server set up)

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual E2180 @2.00GHz
GPU: Asus ATI HD 6670 (1GB-DDR5 RAM)
RAM: 4GB DDR2
HDD: 250gb
HDD 2 (ordered but not yet installed): WD Blue 1tb
E HDD: WD Blue 1tb
Keyboard: Generic Dell
Mouse: Technet Raptor
Monitor 1: Generic Dell
Monitor 2: Hanns-G





Mac Late '06 model
OS: Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6. 8)

CPU: 1.83 GHZ Intel Core Duo
GPU: Intel GMA 950 (64mb)
RAM: 2.25Gb DDR2
HDD: Intel ICH7-M AHCI (150GB)[/size]
E HDD: WD 320gb[/size]
Keyboard: Texet
Mouse: Generic Dell
Monitor: N/A




Raspberry Pi Model B
OS: Wheezy Rasbrian

CPU:
GPU:
RAM: 512mb
HDD: Sandisk class 10 8GB SD card
Keyboard: Texet (Shared with Mac)
Mouse: Generic Dell
Monitor: Generic Dell (shared with PC)




Netbook Samsung N150+
OS: Linux Mint 17.1

CPU: 1.6GHZ Intel Core Atom
GPU: Integrated
RAM: 1GB DDR3
HDD: 150gb




80s Macintosh (no idea which model, but it's black and white)

RAM: 1mb
HDD: 500mb
Keyboard: generic apple
Mouse: Generic apple
Monitor: generic apple


Misc:
iPhone 5C
iPad 3
Samsung Galaxy Mini
ZTE San Fransisco




Coming soon!
Pine 64+



Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Serris

Getting a second job has its perks, like more recreational spending money. Of course, selling your old stuff helps, too. Here's all my new computer hardware that I use in the free time I don't have.

Desktop:

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750M
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLi Krait Edition
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4 GB GDDR5 (3.5 GB effective)
Storage: 480 GB SanDisk Extreme SSD, 2 TB Western Digital Black 7200 RPM HDD, 2 TB Western Digital Red 7200 RPM HDD


Laptop:

Model: ASUS Republic of Gamers G751JY-WH71(WX)
Size: 17.3"
CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ
RAM: Generic 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4 GB GDDR5
Storage: Generic 128 GB SSD, Generic 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD

Serris

Did some slight upgrading since my last post.




Desktop:

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Power Supply: Corsair CX 750M
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLi Krait Edition
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GD5T OC 6 GB GDDR5
Storage: 480 GB SanDisk Extreme SSD, 2 TB Western Digital Black 7200 RPM HDD, 2 TB Western Digital Red 7200 RPM HDD
Peripherals: HTC Vive


Laptop:

Model: ASUS Republic of Gamers G751JY-WH71(WX)
Size: 17.3"
CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ
RAM: Generic 16 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M 4 GB GDDR5
Storage: Generic 128 GB SSD, Generic 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD

Paenitet

Vive? That's that virtual reality thing. I first heard of it today when I read about it on BBC News this morning.