News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Strange hmconfig location [CLOSED]

Started by Quantum Novae, August 04, 2015, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quantum Novae

Hi, I'm Kevin!

I noticed that in this version of RPG-X the hmconfig.cfg file isn't in %appdata% anymore.

That's the strange thing. I installed XUE on Windows 7 (I use the italian version of the Microsoft OS) and the path of hmconfig is "C:\Program\RPG-X2". Normally, programs are installed in "C:\Program files", but the system displays it as "C:\Programmi". However if I digit "C:\Program files" the system bounces me in "C:\Programmi" folder.

I also installed XUE in a windows X P partition (E:). In the italian version of Windows X P if i digit "E:\Program files" it gives me error because the only path that is recognized is "E:\Programmi". This time, the path of hmconfig.cfg is "E:\Programmi\The"

I also bought a VPS to run my RPG-X server, and the path is "C:\Program"

It seems there is something that does not work with X P... :|

Scott Archer

The latest version of UE forced the hmconfig into the RPG-X program files.

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Quantum Novae

When was it released? I already see an fs_homepath parameter in my desktop shortcut

Serris

Quote from: Quantum Novae on August 04, 2015, 10:58:13 AM
When was it released? I already see an fs_homepath parameter in my desktop shortcut

The last release was back in January. I'm actually working on fixing this bug in the next release. It should delete the improper location and force hmconfig to write to the game install directory like it was supposed to. I didn't code the shortcut parameters properly in the installer and forgot to wrap the fs_homepath location in quotes, so Windows stops reading after Drive:\Program and forces the homepath to that folder.

Quantum Novae

Yes, I added some quotes few minutes ago but this bug come again @_@

Hope the next patch will fix this secular problem  O:-)

RadioActivitii

Something similar happened when I installed it, it has made three folders in my C:\ directory called Program1, Program2, and Program3.

http://i.imgur.com/Iu5MMW5.png

Kinda weird, but probably nothing.

Shoot

Radio, that's happened to me too, I think, kinda weird, yeah. XP

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Serris

Quote from: RadioActivitii on August 04, 2015, 08:08:49 PM
Something similar happened when I installed it, it has made three folders in my C:\ directory called Program1, Program2, and Program3.

http://i.imgur.com/Iu5MMW5.png

Kinda weird, but probably nothing.

That's likely a bug exclusive to Windows 8.1 and 10. Regardless, it should be fixed by the patch on the 14th.

SFC3

I also have this bug - I'm using windows 7.