News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

RPG-XUE Does not respond when started [RESOLVED]

Started by SmartScout, September 03, 2015, 12:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartScout

Hello,
I am new to the community and the first time I tried to start up RPG-XUE, it eventually said it was not responding, and I closed it and tried again, with the same result. Am I supposed to run the rpgxEF.exe, or some other program.
Thank you in advance,
SmartScout

Martin Thompson

Hey SmartScout,

You shoudl run the program with the shortcut the installer placed on your desktop. If you don't do that there is a chance some thigns are not configured corectly (the shortcut adds some startup flags to the program you need).

Also, could you tell us a bit about the error or post a screenshot of it?

Furthermore, what are your PC specifications? Mainly Operating system, CPU/Processor, amount of RAM memory and Video card type.

Finally, did you try re-installing RPG-X UE? If not, start with that.


SmartScout

The short cut did not work, and I deleted it. Here are my specs:
OS: Windows 8.1
Processor: Quad Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 6.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-Based Processor
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics Family
Computer Type: Laptop

It says: "rpgxEF.exe is not responding." and gives you the options to close the program or wait for it to respond.

Martin Thompson

The pc specs are good, so thats not your problem. The error you are getting is a generic Windows error basically telling you "something went seriously wrong, but i have no idea what that thing is".

Could be video-card related, though the HD graphics card should be enough to run EF on, might be a driver issue...


SmartScout

How do I find my driver specs, and can I make a run.bat of some sort to replace the installer? I will try a reinstall if you can't think of a solution.

SmartScout

I got the game to start, but it brought me to holomatch, not the proper game.

Scott Archer


For now, in the holomatch menu, you can go to mods> RPG-X

There's a way to get it to load straight into RPG-X but I can't remember the exact line, and I'm away so I can't check myself- someone should be able to help you with that :)

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

SmartScout

What do I use to log into holomatch? What is the disc code?

Telex Ferra

You shouldn't have to enter a CD key. If it asks you for one, just try to click through the screen.

Your best bet here is still to get the shortcut to work. It's worth giving that a shot again. If it still doesn't work, try renaming rpgxEF.exe to quake3.exe for fun and see if that makes a difference. Believe it or not, graphics cards will handle specific games like quake3 differently.





SmartScout