News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

TLO Emails on Gmail

Started by Tim, October 29, 2015, 03:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Hey, I have a question. I use my gmail address for TLO and have noticed that any email notifications I get from TLO are in the spam folder. I just logged into my gmail on my computer and checked the spam folder. I looked at a notification email from TLO that I received. At the top of the message it said "It is in violation of Google's recommended email sender guidelines" and had a link to this: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en#authentication
I was wondering, Has anyone else using gmail for TLO had this happen?

Sheia K'Ress

<br />

Scott Archer

Yeah, I did when I first signed up (the main reason I wasn't on a lot until a few weeks after my forum signup date.)

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Martin Thompson

Interesting, thanks for hte heads up. Ill look into this.


Tim

Now I'm not receiving any TLO email notifications, not even in my spam folder. The last notification email I received was from April 15th. Has anyone else had this happen?

I might try changing to my yahoo email for TLO to see if I receive the emails.

Tim

I changed to my yahoo email address and I am receiving the notification emails now. I don't know what is wrong with my gmail. No one else here seems to be having this problem.

Lipton

It happened to me too, Tim. Just got locked out of my account. I switched to a gmail address and was locked out because no activation email came. I had to switch back to the old email address. So this is becoming more of a problem.

Scott Archer

I long since changed mine to my EE email, and I've had no problems with that, but this is definitely something that needs looking into...

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Martin Thompson

It probably has something to do with the fact that the TLO emails are not real email adresses anymore but aliases for existing email adresses. Still, no reason why it wouldn't work.

I'll have to reproduce this myself somehow before i can find out whats wrong with it.