News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Star Trek Daedalus - Episode 2: "Let's See What She's Got"

Started by Klaw, November 07, 2015, 03:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you rate this Episode?

1 (BORING)
0 (0%)
2
0 (0%)
3
0 (0%)
4
1 (33.3%)
5
0 (0%)
6
1 (33.3%)
7
0 (0%)
8
0 (0%)
9
1 (33.3%)
10 (AMAZING)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: December 05, 2015, 04:08:58 PM

Linked Events

Klaw



Date: January 7, 2154
POSTPONED II: New Airdate: Saturday, November 28, 2015 at 13:00 EST (18:00 GMT)


Daedalus has been adrift in space for a week now, Her subspace transceiver has been badly damaged, most of the functioning EPS System has fried, and more importantly, the Warp Engines are not responding.

Pierce and the  CoB are trying to keep spirits high, A Number of Crew members have taken on extra duties in the Galley, and A weekly Movie and "Fun" night has been arranged. The Hope is that some Home style cooking and some pleasant distractions from the leaking pipes, and dim lights will help keep morale up, and in return keep the crew productive.

The Ship is slowly coming together as well, departments all over the ship have taken it upon themselves to make the best of their situation. The Medical Staff has reconstructed Sickbay, and the Science Lab is slowly coming online. For now, the Priority on board though is still the Subspace Transceiver, and the Engines

We certainly found out what she's got, didn't we....

Mutatio Nomen


Klaw

The Captain's notes will be added shortly (need to finish writing them)

The map is coming along, and an updated release will be available before this episode. So keep an eye out for that announcement.

I do need a volunteer to play a Vulcan Commander.


Shoot


E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Martin Thompson

Hmm, Andorian-Vulcan interaction int he mid 2100's, this could get interesting...


Klaw

POSTPONED: November 21, 2015

I hate doing this, But I'm currently Running a fever thanks to a cold I picked up Yesterday. I was hoping that I would have been able to kick its butt, but that hasn't happened yet.

I hope to see you all on the 21st!

Scott Archer

Get yourself a nice hot toddy and get some rest Klaw!
Get better soon!

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Martin Thompson

Good luck with that cold Klaw, get well soon and see you on the 21st!


Shoot


E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Klaw

A quick apology

about an hour before this was supposed to air, a long time friend of mine showed up at my door in tears.

we then proceeded to spend the next 14 hours talking, crying and watching the Star Wars Prequels (which was the reason I cried :P)

Everything slipped my mind.

I am sorry that I didn't find the time to let you all know, however - come Hell or high water, Daedalus will commence NEXT WEEK

Shoot


E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Klaw

Quote from: Klaw on November 22, 2015, 11:20:37 AM
A quick apology

about an hour before this was supposed to air, a long time friend of mine showed up at my door in tears.

we then proceeded to spend the next 14 hours talking, crying and watching the Star Wars Prequels (which was the reason I cried :P)

Everything slipped my mind.

I am sorry that I didn't find the time to let you all know, however - come Hell or high water, Daedalus will commence NEXT WEEK


This is TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Klaw

This episode thread is now dedicated to Review:

Basically, I was unhappy with this episode. I designed the story to surround a couple of characters specifically, but one of those people was unable to join us. Like troopers, we continued on and I feel I was *mostly* successful in portraying the story elements that mattered. We witnessed the Ganges Destruction, and we uncovered (a little earlier than I planned, but I was happy it happened now) that there's possibly a saboteur on board (The Torpedo problem, and the subtle open panel on the intermix chamber - more on that will come later...)

The design for this story was to help develop your characters, and I feel a couple of you who attended did fairly well with that - others seemed distant, cold and less like people, and more like mindless automatons going from a. to b.

My recommendation to all of you is to get an entry put in to the personnel records sooner rather than later. Especially since I'll be using data in each of your records to help write future episodes. (And I presently only have 3 records on file). I think, creating a history for your character will help you become your character and as such, can help fill out character driven RP's like this one a little better.

Anyway, Commence with the reviewing!

Shoot

It was great plot! I'm sorry I had to go, I had organised that I go see my friends at 8PM GMT but they were expecting me earlier.

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Scott Archer

I enjoyed what we had, but I felt maybe more could have been fit into the plot. I understand that this was a Character Dev episode, but it was harder with few people there, especially when people had tasks in different areas of the ship.
I felt I was able to start to develop my character though, and it sparked enough inspiration for me to write my character bio! I also like that we're starting to see different characters aims earlier on as well, and I though Telex portrayed Grey fantastically well in this episode.
I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes in the future!

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk