News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Looking for anyone willing to help work on RPG-X

Started by Telex Ferra, April 10, 2016, 02:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telex Ferra

#15
For anyone interested in helping out, please see this tutorials on Git/Github. These won't take you very long but they'll be invaluable if you choose to help out.

https://try.github.io/
https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/






Sheia K'Ress

I definitely want to help out, I want to learn from those above me :)
<br />

Telex Ferra

Quote from: Sheia K'Ress on April 17, 2016, 06:05:03 PM
I definitely want to help out, I want to learn from those above me :)

I'm not gonna lie to you; this codebase is large and very difficult to read in some places. That being said we would really love any help we could get. At the very minimum you'll need a working knowledge of C and Git. The latter you can get from exploring the links I posted.





Sheia K'Ress

Yep, as well as being taught by you :) Plus when I finish my C Programming courses etc they'll come in really handy
<br />

Jack Telford

Sorry I know some HTML and a bit of Java script but that's about it for me. Good luck through :)

StringTheorist

Well, here is a list of my coding skills.


<My_Coding_Skills_List>
...
</My_Coding_Skills_List>


Sorry!

Ryan Stokes

Well, I'm a couple months late in seeing this (took a long absence).

I have decent skills in a few programming languages. Unfortunately, none of them are C languages.
I consider myself fluent in JavaScript, PHP, and a couple of lesser known languages (Pawn and Squirrel).
From my experience, learning one pretty much made the rest very easy to adapt to.

If you still need help, I learn very quickly and would be willing to assist.

Telex Ferra

Quote from: Ryan Stokes on June 16, 2016, 05:35:49 PM
Well, I'm a couple months late in seeing this (took a long absence).

I have decent skills in a few programming languages. Unfortunately, none of them are C languages.
I consider myself fluent in JavaScript, PHP, and a couple of lesser known languages (Pawn and Squirrel).
From my experience, learning one pretty much made the rest very easy to adapt to.

If you still need help, I learn very quickly and would be willing to assist.

That's awesome! Have you ever worked with a language with manual memory management?





Ryan Stokes

Unfortunately, no.

In all of my experience, I've never had to.
Pretty sure any modern language would handle that automatically.

What I posted before, are the languages I'm most fluent in.
I can adapt easily if needed.
I've always figured I might dive into C languages someday, just never had a use for it yet.

Telex Ferra

What's your github account? I'll add you to the repo. If you've learned a few languages already then picking up C and its memory management model (or lack thereof!) shouldn't be too difficult.





Ryan Stokes

My GitHub: https://github.com/VortrexFTW

I also joined the Gitter mentioned in a post on the forum.