News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

RPG-X UE Glitches

Started by SmartScout, May 15, 2016, 09:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmartScout

Yesterday when I was logging on for Daedalus I got some strange glitches, where the text labels for things were wrong when I opened RPGX at least, if not also on holomatch. Then, when I was checking sound and graphics settings there were at ton to many choices, and they all had strange names, along with options for other buttons. When I tried to Connect to spicy, It got to achieving connection or whatever before going to the main menu. I tried to start a local server as a test, and it did the same thing. I then completely reinstalled RPGXUE from the bottom up, and the same glitches still occured. Please help, and please give a quick response, as I hope to attend AF later today

Telex Ferra

Start up RPG-X until you reach the main menu. If everything is still glitched open up the console and type

/condump log.txt

Then quit the game and navigate to your RPG-X/RPG-X2 folder and find log.txt. Attach that file to this post so we can take a look and figure out what's going wrong. With luck, we can get this sorted before AF  :)





SmartScout

Thank you for the quick reply and here is the requested folder:

Telex Ferra

Edit your shortcut to ADD the following options

+set vm_ui 0 +set vm_game 0 + set vm_cgame 0

and try again.





SmartScout

What box do I paste it into under Properties\Shortcut?

Telex Ferra

target. It should go onto the end with the other options.

As a side note, this is a problem that we have resolved in the upcoming 2.4 update.





SmartScout

When I put it in target immediately after the file location of the rpgxEF.exe, it says that it is not a valid target

SmartScout

I got the parameters to work, but the issue still persists. Here is the condump

Telex Ferra

Nope, it's still not working correctly. Can you please paste your shortcut target?





Telex Ferra

Resolved in the shoutbox