News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

02x01 Cold War

Started by Klaw, July 06, 2016, 06:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Klaw



Date: March 9th, 2156
Airdate: Saturday, July 9th at 13:30 EST (1730 GMT)

It's been a little over a year now since Daedalus made first contact with the Bajorans, MACO Outpost 1 was officially commissioned,  and the Terra Prime movement was totally dissolved. The galaxy was quiet for a while, which let Earth pave the way toward their next big goal, the unification of the planets of the quadrant. The Coalition of Planets was officially formed over a month ago, with Earth, Vulcan, Andoria and Tellar being the major players in the movement (followed closely by Denobula, Betazed, and Cait.)

The past year, while filled with a plethora of notable achievements and exciting discoveries has also been wrought with strife. The disappearance and destruction of ships near the Sierra Run (The Earth Cargo Authority "long way" route between Alpha Centauri and Regulus) has continued to plague Starfleet Command, and the families of the lost crews.

The Mystery lies in the sheer lack of evidence to support anything more than a loose theory as to what has happened to these ships. The new head of Starfleet Intelligence, believing all mysteries are designed to be solved, has been working diligently to find clues, or even try to witness what happens when one of these ships vanish.

Williams' bold plan has not received the big payoff he's been hoping for. Truthfully, to date, 30 Vessels have gone missing. 7 of which were Starfleet ships ordered to investigate the region, and one was a Surak Class  Vulcan Cruiser doing the same.

Williams has one last Hail Mary play: total lockdown. After meeting with the Coalition Intelligence Council, and contacting a number of other known governments in the area, Williams has formed Task Force Sierra to lock down and secure the sectors along the Sierra Run. No vessel traveling along this line will be permitted to cross it... from either side, without express permission from Admiral Williams, and a full search and background check of the ship and crews.

Daedalus has been tasked with command along 6 neighboring star systems in the area along with The Ohio and the Iwo-Jima as support. Daedalus is about to commence a full sweep of the Algeron System, in hopes of finding something new that will crack the whole case wide open, and give some more answers to the questions raised from the discovery of her sister ship, the Odyssey, last week...

Klaw

#1
So, DAEDALUS IS BACK!!!!!!

A quick bit of Episode Logistics before I go on.

This episode will start with a meeting with the Coalition of Planets Intelligence Committee. (The Picture in the episode snapshot above)

The Meeting will discuss some additional backstory, as well as set the scene for some upcoming stories this season. (We haven't forgotten about Andoria's little civil war).

I need a representative from the following races:

Vulcan: Commander V'tem - Model: Tpris/Dressadm/teal - played by Martin Thompson
Tellar:
Andoria:
Denobula: Director Uri - Model: Imperial3/imperial/raider - played by Scott Archer
Betazed:
Cait: Representative Rraria - Model: Rsera/cadet/gold - played by Sheia K'ress
(Optional)Chyk: (the Kulhane model is largely for some added diversity, and a little giggle - so this will be the absolute last position I fill)

If Demand proves higher than my supply, I will make the supply :) so don't fret - there will be plenty to do during this opening sequence!

We will then proceed to Daedalus (Cross your fingers that I get a new release together in the next couple of days (though I doubt I can))

Pay close attention to the Roster, after I get it updated. It will poses some minor updates to correspond to the passing of time onboard.

This Story is a Continuation of another one we've already seen....Look Familiar

This will be a nice start to a great piece of Star Trek History that we have only ever heard about up until now... You won't want to miss it!

StringTheorist

I'd happily work to be the Vulcan or the Andorian. Just whatever you need Klaw!

Martin Thompson

Put me up where you need me Klaw!


Klaw

Tomorrow is the DAY!!!!!!

Martin, I'm putting you down as Commander V'tem of Vulcan Intelligence.

Scott Archer

#5
I'll take the Andorian or the denobulian :) (I'll need to leave around 19:00 though)

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Klaw

One more reminder - THIS IS TOMORROW!!!!

Sheia K'Ress

#7
I'll work the Cait Klaw :)  Put me down as Rraia
<br />

Martin Thompson

This seems to be going to kick off quite the storyline.


Klaw

Quote from: Sheia K'Ress on July 09, 2016, 05:00:59 AM
I'll work the Cait Klaw :)  Put me down as Rraia

Added!

Quote from: Martin Thompson on July 09, 2016, 07:06:12 AM
This seems to be going to kick off quite the storyline.

It does indeed! Some big things are coming!

Martin Thompson

Do we need a new version of the map for this?


Klaw

Quote from: Martin Thompson on July 09, 2016, 10:56:48 AM
Do we need a new version of the map for this?

I haven't finished it yet, so no :(

rest assured I have been working on it a little bit every day (over the last couple weeks) and it's coming along slowly

Martin Thompson

BTW, i think you got the time wrong, i think 13:30 EST is 18:30 GMT


Klaw

Quote from: Martin Thompson on July 09, 2016, 12:01:07 PM
BTW, i think you got the time wrong, i think 13:30 EST is 18:30 GMT

I googled to make sure for some reason, GMT is only 4 hours ahead of my local Eastern Timezone.

BST is a full 5 hours.

Wouldn't it just be easier if we all used one single time zone...

Martin Thompson

Yes, yes it would. Anyway, its 18:08 for me now, so is it in 20 minutes or 1 hour and 20 minutes?