News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

SRP Update - The Truth is Still Out There. Honest. (July 2016)

Started by Grizz, July 10, 2016, 05:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizz

Thank you for your patience. This has been a very hard time, remediated by copious amounts of distilled beverages, salty eye secretions and Overwatch.




Greetings,

Since phasing back off my LOA I have been working on how best deal with having a single episode remaining of a season after a break. As such, I have reworked "Truth Will Out" to serve as more of a standalone special than a direct continuation of a previous episode. It will be extended to two parts with additional elements in the hope of turning it in to a more worthwhile experience.

These two parts will be scheduled for the 24th and 31st. With the school term over in the days prior, my workload as a dutiful member of staf will be greatly reduced which will also be a big relief going in to the next two months. Both parts of the story will make up '6x13.'

Following this there will not be a full length season hiatus for obvious reasons, but a shorter gap prior to premiere of a shorter seventh and final season - which I have also spent additional time mapping out recently. A plan is in place and my Dropbox now contains all seven seasons of Star Trek: Asteroid Field - beginning to end. Correctly guess the title of the final episode and win a special prize.*

*prize may not be that special

I confess that this is all a gamble at this stage. One last throw of the dice. I don't like unendings - and this story and your part in it deserves conclusion and more attention that I can now ever offer it. I started this journey as a child who wanted to pretend to be a Starfleet officer during the summer holidays. Now, although still somehow going to school every working day, I will do my best to finish it with the time I have and the support and patience you have all given it. You could easily all have quit by now, and I wouldn't have blamed you - you may yet still do - but the roster is still primed for continuation.

I would also like to pay tribute to departing RPG-X CO (and original Asteroid Base XO) Telex Ferra, whose exceptional stewardship has kept this game, division and essentially this SRP alive over the last few years. I look forward to seeing the continued development of RPG-X between Telex, Martin and all contributors.

Thank you and farewell for now.

Grizz

Mutatio Nomen

Calendar'ed, I'm primed for it! :)

We all have a life, and you deserve to live it just as much as the rest of us. Perhaps more so?

Martin Thompson

Its nice to see you back in action Grizz. We did leave on quite the cliffhanger there (and again, I was not present for the last episode aired before a sudden halt to the story, which I beleive has been the 3rd time now in the entire Accobar saga, perhaps I should just attend all episodes from now on ;) ).

It will be good to see the continuation of the current story with the end of the saga in sight now, it's been a hell of a ride and I'll be there for the last stretch!

[spoiler]Is it: "Our Little Corner (2)" ? :P[/spoiler]