News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

02x09 The Battle of Argelius

Started by Klaw, October 09, 2016, 08:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Klaw



Date: April 18th, 2156
Airdate: Saturday, October 15th at 13:30 EST (18:30 BST) (17:30 GMT)

it's been less than a month after their run in with the vile Commander Torvek - which resulted in the occupation of their ship, and the loss of more than 50 friends and crewmates. Here are the highlights of that time - and beyond:

Commander P'Trell took the news very hard when she returned to Daedalus from the Arkellian homeworld, To the point that Klaw had to suspend her duty shift (which was entering it's 72nd hour) by sedating her when she came in for a stimulant, and having her carried to her quarters on a stretcher. Last week, P'trell dropped a bombshell on the still grieving crew. She was resigning her commission, and returning to Andoria citing family issues. An Andorian ship came for her the next day, the crew had a small celebration for her farewell, but then was forced to return to business as usual - with Klaw having been placed in temporary command.

Commander Tancredi has been making some great progress in healing from her physical wounds, but the invisible scarring is still proving to find ways to distract her, and is hindering her performance. (Though, very few people actually see this).

The rest of the crew has been going about their lives, coming to terms with what happened a month ago, but pressing on to the here and now - because the war is taking a turn for the worse.

The Romulans have launched three successful campaigns to move the line closer to earth, pulling out all the stops, and unleashing their newest flagships - the Warbirds. These Warbirds can make a Suurok class ship look like a paper airplane. At present knowledge - only 5 of them have been seen, so far - but they have made a devastating impact on the tide of the war.

Daedalus has been put on support duty, and pulled off the line for the ship and her crew to heal. However, her Artillery Support and Hospital services are on hot standby - as Starfleet prepares its first offensive, to retake the Argelius system.

Klaw

Be aware, I have uploaded a new version of the rank set!

I strongly suggest that you all give it a download :D

http://www.last-outpost.net/forum/index.php?topic=8240.new#new

Also, this episode is going to take it's good sweet time, and focus more on characterization than the goings on outside the ship. The idea, as the tagline in the image states - The battle isn't just fought on the line - at this stage there are battles of the mind. struggles to get over what just happened a month ago - and the loss of our Captain.

There will be struggles in juggling duties, and finally - a fight to overcome internal pain will make a rally - and some huge progress. This story is about each of YOU! Dealing with where we are now, and looking back on the journey that brought us here.

Shoot


E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Klaw

this is *Planned* for Saturday - but that can change tomorrow

I have 1 confirmation so far - I need 3 more (at minimum)

Please be sure to confirm your attendance!

Jack Telford

I may or may not be AGAIN. Driving back to VA I think but last time I made it soooooo

StringTheorist


Scott Archer

I should make it!
Not sure how I'll fit in, you know, being on Challenger and everything!

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Klaw

Quote from: Scott Archer on October 13, 2016, 05:42:00 PM
I should make it!
Not sure how I'll fit in, you know, being on Challenger and everything!

I'll message you tomorrow, we'll fill you in the void :)

Klaw

Gonna gamble (for the last time this season)

This is tomorrow!

minebuild02


Klaw

Quote from: CoS Tuvok on October 15, 2016, 11:49:44 AM
I sadly will not be able to attend today due to personal matters and somewhat inconvenience.

Klaw


Klaw

So Highlights:

Daedalus now has a seemingly unreliable CO (That Klaw is watching like a hawk - as best as he can)

The Coallition got their butts kicked...

and now, basically - the Romulans are roughly 20 lightyears from Andoria.

The war isn't going well right now...