News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

The Future of the series

Started by Klaw, December 26, 2017, 09:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

So, I have reached out privately to the folks who have signed up for Daedalus, and I have heard from a couple of you, and have heard nothing from three of you wonderful folks.

I knew that this would need to be escalated a bit after Christmas, so here it is:

What I want to do with the series, and what I can do both hinge on your participation.

A quick side shout out, to Shoot and Stringtheorist who have been around since the start, and who I can count on with extreme diligence to either be present or to let me know quickly that they won't.

Basically, since my return, Daedalus has only successfully managed to air one episode. I take responsibility for subsequent issues that have followed, as I am battling my health, my family, and my life and they're not taking prisoners.

Basically, I need to know now whether I should keep fighting for this, or give it up. That all depends on you.

I have a lot of story to still tell. This Season is intended to end the Earth-Romulan war, next Season is the Dawn of the Federation, and if I had the interest, Season 5 would look a bit more at the mysterious explorer who has made a few appearances during our run. But a story teller is only as effective as his audience is receptive. So, To my friends on the roster, and even those looking in from outside, what do you think we should do?

Shoot

As I've sais many times, I want to see this series to thrive on many years to come, but this series needs more than me and String to be on episodes, Klaw needs us all!

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Klaw

Quote from: Shoot on December 27, 2017, 03:44:42 AM
As I've sais many times, I want to see this series to thrive on many years to come, but this series needs more than me and String to be on episodes, Klaw needs us all!

Honestly, it's not just a matter of me needing you, RPG-x, and TLO as a whole needs you. Take a nice look around, nobody is playing our games, leadership have apparently  abandoned our forums, and the group as a whole is dead or dying. And I honestly have little to no idea why this is.

I'm not saying that by partaking in Daedalus, we can reverse this. But Daedalus is my final line in the sand. If I can hold on to this, then just maybe it can plant a seed and make things better here for all of us.

StringTheorist

I'm not really sure what more I can add. I find the story very engaging and really enjoy partaking in Daedalus episodes, but we need the roster to pull it off. If we don't have the people, then we can't as effectively run these plots. That's just the heart of the matter, as the content of RPG-X is the players and their interactions.

Klaw

Just as a note, there will not be an episode this weekend, and a decision about the future of this series will be made and announced on January 2nd.

Feedback is still requested, please offer something to the conversation.

Tanglepaw12

to be honest if I wasn't haveing computer problems, I would be on Daedalus rping and enjoying the time being on there but I haven't been able to ( with regards of not having a computer at the moment) but like stringtherist said we need the people who are in the roster to pull it off, I honestly don't know what else to add that's already been said.

Shoot

Indeed, especially Microsoft forcing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which I've not updated yet into, luckily, but I feel it coming sooner or later.

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Scott Archer

Just to throw my two pence in, I've always really enjoyed Daedalus but with moving and now living with two kids, we don't have food till after they've gone to bed (which coincides with Daedalus.)


A time change might help, but I'm not 100% sure when moving it too would work.

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Ramsey

I will apologise now for being a no show recently with Christmas and New Year work has been taking up a lot of time on the weekends lately.

While I would love to continue to be a part of Daedalus and to see it continue I think it's best for me to step down for the time being. With new management coming into my shop I've gone from work 1 in 4 Saturdays to 1 in 3 and this week and next
I am working the Saturday nights till 10.

Kaialinn

After thoroughly reading through all the forum regarding this SRP i feel it would be a great place to jump back in to RPG-X for myself.  Really well though story lines and intricate details.  I would be happy to participate regularly and give as much input as i possibly can. 


Klaw

So After a lot of consideration.

I think I want to try to pick this back up, in full, in February but offer some level of small scale "getting acquainted/reacquainted" deal through January.

So with that said: (And expect this question in your inbox, Roster Folks) - is a Time Change needed? Should I move this 2 hours earlier to 1:00pm EST (6:00pm GMT)? - or somewhere between the two times like 1:30/2/2:30?

Let me narrow this down a little more: if I moved the time to 1pm EST (6pm GMT) Could you be present?

Ramsey

On the Saturdays that I'm not on the late 8pm is a good time, gives me chance to relax for a little bit after finish work get food etc,

Shoot

Starting times anywhere from 1PM EST to 4PM EST are good for me.

E-Mail: shoot@last-outpost.net
Web: www.last-outpost.net
Stay At Home, Be Safe, Save Lives, Wear a Mask

Klaw

Allow me to muddy the water a little bit more,

What about Sundays?

Ryan Stokes

Holy crap I didn't even notice it was back up and running. Last year in fall, everything was being put on hiatus. I stopped paying attention after a while, thinking the SRPs wouldn't return for quite a while (or at all)

I'd love to participate. I've never had a specific role in Daedulus, but I played a member of the medical staff on both the MACO and Starfleet(?) ships.
I could continue to do that.