News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Downloading from TLO

Started by Daniel Rydell, May 07, 2011, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Rydell

I'm trying to get the Music addon, and it's been sitting at 952 megs slowly but surely going down in speed. Any idea? Or should I just try redownloading it?

Daniel Rydell

#1
Might have just been a hiccup with my internet. I restarted the download and it worked fine. Just in case you need the information, I have Chrome.

Martin Thompson

#2
Yeah, Chrome doesn't cope well with files over 100 MB, its just a fail of the dl manager. You get to 50% of a larger file, then it just sits there slowly going
down in speed with 1 kb/s per sec untill it drops to 0. I recommend firefox for larger downloads, it has a good download manager.


Veritas

#3
I have the same issue with Chrome. Sadly, outside our purview to fix it.

Daniel Rydell

#4
Thing is; first time I've ever had a problem with Chrome and larger files. Not saying you're wrong (obviously, I'm the minority, lol) just... unusual, is all.

Veritas

#5
It's a problem I have frequently... but if you have it with our files on other browsers, please let me know so I can be sure this isn't a problem on our end.