News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

[RESOLVED] Can't access te Console on either Standard RPX or Ultimate RPX Edition

Started by Redstar101, March 04, 2018, 05:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callum603

I've attached it to this post.  Though mine is completely default.

If that doesn't work, remove both lines and add

bind # "toggleconsole"


If that doesn't work I'm not sure what could be wrong.




Web: http://last-outpost.net
E-Mail: technical@last-outpost.net

Earth's Elite Ambassador

Redstar101

Nope didn't work.


I am going to uninstall, redownload and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

Serris

If you delete your hmconfig, the game will automatically generate a new one. Try that first, it may work.

Redstar101

Okay I am at my wits end, I've uninstalled the game, redownloaded and reinstalled and I even deleted teh HMconfig file so it could generate a new one and I still can't access the console, I've tried it with both UK and US keyboards.


Could it be screen resolution or something??

Redstar101

Also would I need to have the actually Star Trek Elite Forces Game (AS in the game that Star Trek produced with Munro storyline) for the RPX to work fully?

Serris

RPG-X runs on a different engine now, the current version isn't backwards compatible with the original Elite Force engine and wouldn't run. It doesn't have any dependencies from Elite Force that aren't already included either. My only suggestions to you at this point would be to either get a new keyboard, try different USB ports, or re-bind the toggleconsole command by opening autoexec.cfg in BaseEF and adding bind backspace "toggleconsole" just above the slashes.

If that still doesn't work, I suggest downloading our Holomatch multiplayer client for Elite Force and testing to see if it has the same problem.

Redstar101

Okay I have good news and bad news,

Good news first, I have managed to get my console to appear by replacing the ~ and ' with BACKSPACE in the Toggleconsole Bind.

The bad news is I can't seem to make the console disappear

Any suggestions?

Redstar101

Okay I have solved the issue at last by just typing in /toggleconsole

Callum603

It might be because the conse recognises the backspace as an input instead of the toggle console command. Maybe assigning it to a different key, say F3 would work.


As you can open the console now, try bind F3 toggleconsole and see if that opens and closes it.  You can use any key that wouldn't use in the console. I'm just thinking the F keys as I know the console doesn't recognise them as an input (like letters, numbers, etc), so it just might open and close it.


Plus, having it set to backspace for an RP would get annoying, if when typing a message you make a mistake hitting backspace to correct it would open the console.




Web: http://last-outpost.net
E-Mail: technical@last-outpost.net

Earth's Elite Ambassador