News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

2.3 Freezes and replays sound clip. [RESOLVED]

Started by Ekaj-To-Tha-Three, April 11, 2014, 12:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekaj-To-Tha-Three

I was changing the uniform settings on my player model in 2.3 when I accidentally clicked the wrong one and when it tried to alter the model, the game froze I couldn't do anything with the buttons and then it played the sound clip of the console beep it makes when you press a button or change a setting over and over and over again. So I force closed it, and when I started it back up it didn't even get to the main menu, as soon as the loading screen popped up it started beeping again. I went in to 2.2 and that version is fine. I think it has something to do with the uniform It was trying to put on. I forget the models name, but it was trying to put on a "Stargate Atlantis" uniform I clicked by accident. I would have gotten a console log but due to it being frozen none of the buttons would work. I have restarted it a few times to no avail so I'm not sure what to do now....


Ekaj-To-Tha-Three

Never mind, I just had to take all the addons out of my Base-EF and then start the game and change the model and put everything back in. It works fine now.  8P

Telex Ferra

This happens because whatever loads the models must have some non-constant complexity. If you wait, it will resolve itself. I am using a pretty powerful computer and sometimes I have delays of 5-6 seconds. You should NOT have to swap files out of baseEF to get the model menu to load.  :(





Ekaj-To-Tha-Three

Oh ok. I'll remember that thanks! I just swapped the stuff from BaseEF because it would just sit there beeping for minutes so I didn't think it would do anything. Thanks!

Telex Ferra