News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

Daedalus Progress Report

Started by Klaw, September 02, 2015, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

So last week, I reported a problem with an entity that I wanted to include giving me fits.

Well, this evening, I managed to find a working compromise!!!!!!!! So, essentially - expect an Update this week!

The Update should include:

Science Deck (at minimum a rough draft)
The 'Command Center'
Access to the Shuttlebay.
New entities

Klaw

SO, I started a compile on Sunday Night... and the vis compile was on it's last stage until I cancelled it just now...

Gonna see what I can do to do some streamlining (quickly) And we should (hopefully) have an update just in time for our quest to the Denorios Belt!

Klaw

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=590AA12A10C33722!2063&authkey=!ACMfQTmiM8c0FMQ&ithint=folder%2cpk3

A new Release is available! (It will overwrite the current release.)

The map is still a work in progress, and progress was slow on this release... but... I'm hopeful that this will be a nice next step closer to the final build.

download the zzzzzzzzz(etc)rpg_daedalus2.pk3 file

Klaw

SO, Upon looking at the map closely.... I discovered a couple bugs in the newest release...

The Alert lights aren't functioning (I think I know what I did... and I can fix these...)

and I messed up two display screens in the armory.... (I can fix these too...)

Klaw

I'm hoping to get radiant booted up and find some time to do some mapping very soon, so expect a map update in the near future :)

Klaw

Mapping has recommenced.

On the top of the to do list is to try and make it more stable.

There was a bug a few weeks ago which kept crashing the server During Daedalus. it seems to crop up some-what randomly. The easiest fix I know for this is to delete all the area portal brushes for the turbo lifts (I don't suppose they need them anyway....)

Second on the list are some bug fixes - the last release broke the alert lights (at least just red alert...). I also discovered that one of my walls in Sickbay is exposed to space... (Please, feel free to add to my bug list, incase I have forgotten any, or I don't know about them...)

Third is to complete some of the rough area of the ship (science lab, cargobay, Deck 6 ETC) and to add onto some of the already "completed' Areas. (These additions will have a purpose in the story)

So far, I think I've fixed those two Bugs I mentioned, and I hope I fixed the stability issue....

I've also built out the crew deck a bit to accommodate the VIP Suite, XO's Quarters and the Female Officer's Barracks.

I suspect I'll have a new release in time for Season 2....

Telex Ferra

Quote from: Klaw on May 25, 2016, 06:20:37 PM
Mapping has recommenced.

On the top of the to do list is to try and make it more stable.

There was a bug a few weeks ago which kept crashing the server During Daedalus. it seems to crop up some-what randomly. The easiest fix I know for this is to delete all the area portal brushes for the turbo lifts (I don't suppose they need them anyway....)

Second on the list are some bug fixes - the last release broke the alert lights (at least just red alert...). I also discovered that one of my walls in Sickbay is exposed to space... (Please, feel free to add to my bug list, incase I have forgotten any, or I don't know about them...)

Third is to complete some of the rough area of the ship (science lab, cargobay, Deck 6 ETC) and to add onto some of the already "completed' Areas. (These additions will have a purpose in the story)

So far, I think I've fixed those two Bugs I mentioned, and I hope I fixed the stability issue....

I've also built out the crew deck a bit to accommodate the VIP Suite, XO's Quarters and the Female Officer's Barracks.

I suspect I'll have a new release in time for Season 2....

Klaw, if you're having problems with your maps that don't have obvious causes, send me the maps and some steps to reproduce the issue and I might be able to find a bug in the game that's causing it.





Martin Thompson

Sounds nice Klaw.

And yes, it is nice to be able to work together on wierd bugs we might be able to fix in the engine since we're working on it now anyways.


Klaw

I'll bring questions to you both then.... Just in case it does turn out to be engine trouble.

Klaw

Another update

Progress is slow (largely because I'm in need of image editing time... and that's something I'm not great at - but I can still do)

Trying to take a top-down approach and fix issues on each deck  (Though, I should probably invert that and go bottom up, since the Cargo bay is still untouched as of last release :P)

For the moment, I'm making bridge consoles easier to understand (By labeling what a button does....)

While I'm there, I'm adding some extra functionality - may be some similar functions to the ones we've seen in Hercules or frigate, nothing too fancy at the moment.

Basically, I'm hoping to be able to put a good bit of work on this thing for at least 10 of the next 14 days - which means a new release is coming for Episode 3. (Then it's on to MACO Outpost One...)

Keep an eye open for the update! (And thank you for your patience)

Klaw

So, I've rather successfully broken the map....

At this stage, I have reversed most ALL of the changes I have made since last release, and the game still crashes me to desktop when I try to run it :(

I haven't given up yet! I will win this! it's just gonna be a huge pain in the butt to do so :(

In the mean time, I may take some liberties with the SRP and utilize the Daedalus crew very little between now and season's end. MACO Outpost hasn't been a major priority, but I think it's about to be.

We'll see what happens - Victory will be mine!

Klaw

semi-unrelated look ahead: Daedalus isn't the only 22nd Century ship I'm working on....



I'm not going to spoil anything for Daedalus, but this map will have some importance in a couple month's time.

Scott Archer

Ooh! That looks like an Intrepid Type ship. (From the LCARS anyway)

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Klaw

You guessed correctly - let's tell the man what he won!

One Small SPOILER!!!!!


Scott Archer

Yay!
The Interpid type was my favorite Enterprise-era class. Closely followed by the NX

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk