News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Main Menu

Daedalus Progress Report

Started by Klaw, September 02, 2015, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klaw

Last of these for now, The first image was still in rough stages - except for hunting for a better Captain's Chair - The bridge is done




Klaw

Thanks to my mad milkshape skills (:P - jk) I was able to get something that looked a little closer to the on screen counterparts.

May I present the Nova (and eventually Daedalus') Port side, Heavy Phase Cannon:



Still working on it - but I'm happy it's coming together and I feel like sharing tonight :D

Klaw

Wow, been a while.

Nova is coming along beautifully The Skeleton for three decks is very much in place right now including the Bridge, Engineering, Armory, Launchbay, Transporter Room, Crew Quarters, Mess Hall, and Sickbay. My hope is that a good weekend of mapping (combined with an hour or two each night) could get me up to snuff, and ready to release an early alpha to my Daedalus compatriots sometime early in our Daedalus 'tween season break.

I may have mentioned before, but Nova will be the initial groundwork for the refit of Daedalus that is to come - so I'm hoping this map excites you :)

Still a lot to do, but it's coming along. expect some updated images shortly :D

Klaw

A few updates since I last showed anyone the fun stuff :)

Please, enjoy the progress report :D








Klaw

Nova Mapping Log - Stardate, today :P

Mapping is going well, all things considered. I still have some concerns about elements of the map at this point (The door functions, Door shaping, and the potential stability issues if My "away mission" idea works). But, I'm sure they'll all work out.

At this stage, I'm running through each of the 4 currently mapped decks, adding details, entities, textures and re-examining what I've done so far.

Ideas keep popping in my head as I go. Including one idea about variations of warp speed. (IE a button for Warp 1, 2, 3, 4 etc)

With this map, each warp factor would include a faster warp star texture, and if We hit Warp 4 - it'd likely shake, and start blowing things up (If I have my way)

Just a thought I had while driving home from work today.

Anyhoozle, I'm gonna drop some progress images below - to let you see the changes, and give you a feel for areas yet unseen (by most of you anyway :P)


Our Tour begins on F Deck:

Transporter Room:


From here, we move aft - to the Shuttlebay:





Moving forward, this is a view of the corridor from the forward section of F Deck, to the Transporter:



Now, the forward section of F Deck includes Engineering (Which technically would be the Mid section of the ship)



Across the Hall is the Armory:







And just outside the Phase Cannon bay, is a little break station:



Now, We hit the Turbolift and head to E Deck:

First stop, the Command Center:



From here, across the hall is the MACO Barracks:



Now, down the hall a bit to the Gym:



From here. I think I pulled a muscle:







And across the hall, Cargo:



Now, back too the lift, and hit D Deck!

Since the crew and officer quarters are stupid tiny, it's hard to get a good angle :) But, the mess hall is easy:







-And that's the quick, rough tour for now :D

Ramsey

Captain Ramirez, would be proud!  :P

Klaw

Happy to report

Nova has 4 Warp Settings!

(And they appear to be in-glitch-able! :D :P )


Scott Archer

Quote from: Klaw on February 07, 2017, 05:55:26 PM
(And they appear to be in-glitch-able! :D :P )


I haven't gotten round to it yet :P


Everything is glitchable if you try hard enough

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Ramsey

Scott's true mission, to glitch the Novas warp drive :P

Klaw

And I hope he does it now in testing,  so I dont have something stjpid buggy on release :P

Scott Archer

Quote from: Ramsey on February 11, 2017, 05:06:30 PM
Scott's true mission, to glitch the Novas warp drive :P


Ssshhh :P don't expose my true objective!

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk

Ramsey

Quote from: Scott Archer on February 12, 2017, 05:44:02 PM
Quote from: Ramsey on February 11, 2017, 05:06:30 PM
Scott's true mission, to glitch the Novas warp drive :P


Ssshhh :P don't expose my true objective!

Sounds like Archer during ENT season 3 about completing the mission :P

*Watches Scott put Klaw in the airlock until he tells him how to break the warp drive* ................

Klaw

After a great deal of consideration

I have decided to remove the "hinged" doors, and return to the standard sliding doors.

I *may* include a few hinged doors here and there, but not every door (like I had it before)

Also - Screenshots of some updates will be up this weekend :)

Ramsey

Look forward to the screenies!.

Also hinged doors...weren't the doors to engineering the only real hinged door Enterprise had anyways? i don't recall many doors of the hinged kind.

Klaw

Beginning my final tweaks for a playable alpha.

I have 2 weeks until we need it.... cross your fingers :) :P