News:

These forums are now archived - New member registrations are closed - Please join the discussion over on our Discord

Can't post posts on tablet [CLOSED]

Started by Paenitet, May 17, 2015, 06:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paenitet

I say, old boy.

When using my tablet, which is a Galaxy Note 2 or something, it doesn't allow to to post on posts on TLO. I go on TLO, look at a topic, press reply, type what I want then press 'POST' or whatever the button to post says. Then it usually takes a while but eventually it randomly goes onto the 'START NEW TOPIC PAGE' which, as I recall, doesn't let me post on that either, though that wasn't what I was trying to do anyway.

Just thought I should finally mention it.

Tally-ho.

Y'all pal, Nige.

Martin Thompson

Thats a bit wierd, although i have seen this behavior on my own smartphone aswell. WE aren't using any strange things on our forum, its all basic html forms with a post request to our server when you make a post.

IMHO SMF is not the most suitable forum software for mobile, but we can't change anything about that right now so I'm afraid we will have to make do for the time being.


Scott Archer

I always assumed it was something to do with the reason desktop computers did it sometimes, something to do with the DDOS protection?
It seems to be something restricted to TLO, I use at least 2 other SMF forums on a fairly regular basis and I've never had that problem with them...

Election Watch and IA Assistant
Email: scottarcher@earthelite.co.uk